I’ve always loved the idea of making my own ice cream, but frankly I can’t justify spending over £300 on an ice cream maker, and I don’t have a big enough freezer to use the ones where you put the bowl in the freezer. So I was destined to having to buy ice cream but alas, I recently came across some articles on Pinterest about ‘no-churn ice cream’.
Well colour me intrigued, I spent hours trying to find a good starting place. Personally I don’t like really out there flavours, I like the classics. Then I stumbled across a recipe for salted caramel, which I love. But didn’t want to have spent time making the caramel etc, so I wondered if you could do the same with honey.
After a couple of attempts and mixing numerous recipes together, I think I’ve found the perfect flavour. I hope you all enjoy and let me know if anyone has any other good flavours to try.
- 600ml Double cream
- 397g Condensed milk
- 3 tsp good quality runny honey, plus 1tsp for drizzling,
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Whisk the double cream, until it forms stiff peaks. I use the whisk attachment on my kitchen aid , you could do this by hand but it will take a long time.
- Add the condensed milk and sea salt until combined.
- Then fold in the honey.
- Transfer to a large tupperware with a lid. Then drizzle with 1tsp of honey for decoration.
- Pop in the freezer for 6-8 hours. Then enjoy xxx