I first tried this dish about 15 years ago when I was on a family holiday in Florida. We went to a pizza place near where we were staying, and I saw this on the menu. They gave us the most enormous serving, it could have probably fed 3 people!
This is such a quick mid week dinner, and so simple, but tastes bloody delicious!
You’ll notice below I haven’t put a measurement for the linguine, I’m rubbish at measuring spaghetti and linguine, I always make way too much or not enough.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 250g Raw King Prawns
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Lemon
- Olive Oil
- De-vein the prawns by running a small sharp knife over the underneath area and removing the blue vein. Then rinse the prawns in cold water and dab with some kitchen roll.
- Cook the linguine in salted boiling water according to packet instructions (usually about 10 minutes)
- Finely chop the garlic, and zest the lemon.
- When the pasta has about 5 minutes left, heat a little olive oil in large frying pan, and add the garlic and lemon zest. Keep it on a low heat to avoid burning the garlic.
- Once the garlic becomes fragrant, add the prawns and squeeze half a lemon in.
- Drain the pasta, and add to the prawns, making sure it’s all coated.
- Enjoy xxx