I hope you are all enjoying these daily blog posts throughout August?
I found this recipe on Jamie Oliver’s website, this would be perfect for a cold winters night.
I made a few adjustments from the original, if you’ve been reading my blog for a while you will know I never stick to a recipe. I added in some spices as I felt it was lacking a bit of oomph.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- Olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped, stalks and leaves
- 80g Chorizo
- 2tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1tsp cayenne pepper
- 750ml chicken stock
- 400g passata
- 300g risotto rice
- 200ml red wine
- 50g parmesan cheese
- Heat 2tbsp of olive oil in a large pan, and add the onion, garlic and parsley. Once the onion has softened add the chorizo and spices.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan heat the stock with the passata.
- Add the rice to the onion mixture and stir to coat the grains. Cook over a high heat for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the grains have cracked and are slightly translucent at the tips, then pour in the red wine.
- Stir well and cook until almost all the wine has evaporated. Add the hot stock and tomato mixture, ladle by ladle, stirring well with each addition, and only adding more when the previous ladle is almost fully absorbed. You may not need all of the mixture, or you may need to top it up with a little water.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the parmesan with some salt and pepper.
- Turn off the heat and cover with a lid. leave for a few minutes, stir and then serve.